Saturday, May 2, 2009

not much to say

Just finished my 7th day of work in a row and I'm pretty exhausted.

Besides being busy I can only get my computer to connect to the internet about every third day. A IT person at work told me my computer has a "deep rooted internet explorer" problem and my hard drive would have to be reconfigured to fix it. I had my hard drive crash a year ago at work and though IT was able to recover all the data (luckily) it took forever to get all my programs, etc. loaded and working. It hasn't gotten bad enough for me to go through that again to fix it. Anyway, I'm pretty sure my laptop at home has a similar problem. I bought a 500 GB hard drive this week so I can back everything up in case it completely crashes. I was surprised at how inexpensive they are-you can even buy a terabyte for just over $100! I almost bought it because it would be really cool to say I had a terabyte of memory but I know I couldn't come close to filling it.

I have another e-mail forward to share from work. Pretty much everyone there belongs to the same political party, and I think you can guess what that is.

I recently asked my friend's little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President some day.

Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, 'If you were President,what would be the first thing you would do?'

She replied, 'I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people.'

Her parents beamed.

'Wow ... what a worthy goal,' I told her. 'But you don't have to wait until you're President to start to do that. You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds,and sweep my yard, andI'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out,and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house.'

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, 'Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?'

I said, 'Welcome to the Republican Party.'

Her parents still aren't speaking to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!

carriegel said...

me too.

jporterGOP said...

That's still one of my favorites!

Jock said...

If only the parents were that smart.