Sunday, May 31, 2009

Its Been Awhile

I realized today its been awhile since I've blogged but I haven't been here much lately. My busy-ness starts two weeks ago when I headed out to Philly. I went out on a Wednesday night and surprisingly all my flights were on time.

Friday afternoon Cory and I were driving around when we spotted this odd-looking cloud. Why does it seem to be coming from the trees?

Those clouds look suspiciously like water vapor that would come from a hyperbolic cooling tower.

They are cooling towers! Cory was nice and drove me around this plant-I was very excited. We even stopped at the visitors center but unfortunately they weren't open.

I didn't know how this vacation could get better but the next day was pretty fun too. We attended Brewfest for the second time (we also went last year). It was a nice day and we had a good time.



Thats not really Drew Carey just some guy that dressed like him. He was there last year too. He told us that his friends will actually get mad at him if they go out somewhere and he doesn't dress like Drew.
Those were the highlights from the Philly portion of the trip, on to D.C. tomorrow...

6 comments:

jporterGOP said...

I had "It's Been Awhile" by Staind stuck in my head all day, and now it's back because of the title of your blog.

On another note, that's pretty sweet that you happened to run into a nuclear plant!

carriegel said...

I was with you until you said you tried to visit the visitor center. Isn't there some kind of support group you could join?

megawatt miler said...

Im not sure there might not be a big enough focus group for that

Jock said...

Nuclear plants and beer, what a great combination.

JP said...

I thought it was the real Drew Carey. I aws like, "Whoa!... Oh." Hah.

megawatt miler said...

haha, he does look pretty similar