Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hair

Today I donated 10'' of my hair to the Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths program. The hair goes to make free wigs for women who have lost their hair due to chemotherapy. This is the 3rd or 4th time I've donated my hair-I'm starting to lose count! I switched to this program instead of Locks for Love because they require less length.

I was really happy to finally have enough to cut. I hate long hair, but my hair grows pretty quick so once it gets to a certain point I always feel like I should suck it up for another 6 months so I can donate.

Here is a before picture:


And after:
I'm thinking of wearing my hair half down for the wedding-I am a little concerned now it won't grow as long as I want it before. I think I just need to get used to it and I'll feel better.


Regardless of being worried I am glad I did it again and so happy to have shorter hair again!

5 comments:

jporterGOP said...

I realize that we're on two completely different scales when I compare hair length, but I also cannot stand my hair getting 'long'. After about 3 weeks I can't stop thinking about how long it is!

Anonymous said...

Good for you and I have to say -- that new cut is really cute! I like it.

carriegel said...

That is cute! Can't wait until I see it in person tomorrow.

Shaelynn said...

Wow--I like the new style! I don't think I saw your hair down when you were here for the weekend because I certainly did NOT realize how long it was!

megawatt miler said...

thats because i cant stand it that long!