Here is a picture of a Basilica wedding:

You can't find a more beautiful church. On top of attachment to the Basilica and campus it logistically it makes the most sense to get married here because it is where we met and our families are spread out over Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Arkansas, etc. and many of our friends are still in South Bend. The waiting list is a small price to pay for getting married here!
In the meantime I'm debating over color schemes. How does anyone ever decide that? Does anyone have any suggestions?
I will leave you with this amazing moment. I can only hope something this great will happen at our wedding!

6 comments:
You sound like me on a lot of things (except the ND part). I can't really plan anything out until I have a date either and where do you even start with colors?! The only things I like so far are black and white or black and turquoise. I have a feeling mine will be further off in the distance due to 1. lack of funds and 2. lack of time (and 3. my dad isn't ready yet).
That is a beautiful chapel though.
That church is beautiful.
As far wedding colors go, Scott and I just started by picking out colors we liked. (I cheated and looked at wedding designer websites like Alfred Angelo to see what kinds of dress colors were available.)
Black and white weddings are beautiful and very classic. Also, it's really easy to find stuff that matches (obviously). What I've seen (and sort of wish I would've done) is black dresses and tuxes with colored flowers. Very sharp.
I've got lots of wedding research in my planner, so if either of my lovely cousins who are getting married would like help, know that I love weddings.
Your dad will never be ready.
Can't help you with colors, Sarah. I was only the mother of the bride. My job was to write checks and east your uncle into understanding how expensive things were. HA!
what a crummy song
i was in a panic until i realized it was the mother of the groom who was dancing. i'm feeling better now.
Post a Comment