Thursday, September 25, 2008

UPDATE

I am working 12+ hours on nights right now so things are a little crazy. I also have an exam and HW due tomorrow (or the next day, my days are a little off right now).

I'll let Cory give the update, here is an e-mail he sent out at work today:

All,

Some of you already know this, but I wanted to tell everyone else as well. Earlier this week, like so many that have come before me, I decided to enter the world of constant nagging, always being wrong, and never wearing clothes that match. That's right - I became engaged. I proposed to my girlfriend, Sarah, during a surprise birthday trip to Mackinac Island, Mich. For those who have not met her, we met back at Notre Dame and she is an engineer at a nuclear plant in Michigan. She is planning on moving to the greater Philadelphia area sometime early next year.

And to answer your questions:

- No, I do not know when it will be.

- No, I do not know where it will be.

- No, we will not be registered at the Boeing Store.

Here is a link with some pictures from the weekend for those interested. Mackinac Island does not allow any cars or other motor traffic, hence the awesome 1-speed bicycles with wicker baskets we rented to drive around.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30822581@N07/sets/72157607481208099/

- Cory


Here are a few pictures (more on the link above if you are interested):


Like he said above, we aren't sure when it will be yet-we have school and work to worry about for now. In the meantime we are very excited and looking forward to the future!

8 comments:

Shaelynn said...

Congratulations!!

... and Happy Birthday (yesterday)!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, for a minute I thought Cory was talking about just our family in general. Glad to see it was really marriage so he may not even notice all of our idiosyncrasies. I think he'll fit in just fine! Congratulations.

jporterGOP said...

That's so awesome Sarah! Maybe we'll even get to meet him one day, haha.

Or was it maybe planned that way?

hah

Jock said...

Congrats. When can I expect to see Notre Dame?

carriegel said...

You're moving early next year? Why am I the last to know?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! I hope you two have a happy and beautiful life together. :)

Anonymous said...

I know you love college football, so don't take this the wrong way, but uhhhh... Just in case you were USC's bad luck charm, can you get engaged again next weekend? ;)

JP said...

Yay!! Congratulations!