Saturday, October 18, 2008

Baby Shower

Today I went to my first Baby Shower. Some things really make you feel "adult" and that you have grown up, this was definitely one of them. I had to take a picture of what I got her because I thought it was so cute!

I was calling it a onesie but I was corrected and it is called a sleeper-I'm definitely not the expert but I learned a lot today. The due date is late November and they are hoping to have it before the last football game so they can have a party to watch the game and everyone can see the baby. I was happy I was the only person that got them something ND-her husband is a grad student that was in Cory's class so I was surprised there weren't more ND things.

I also learned about diaper parties today-something else I had never heard of. It is the male version of the Baby Shower and the way I understood it was all the guys bring various sizes of diapers and sit around and drink beer. So they get to have a party but also get to stock up in diapers before the baby comes. Has anyone else heard of this?

I think the most important thing I learned today was that there is a Notre Dame Baby DVD. Someone at the shower knew someone that had the DVD and apparantly their baby hums the fight song when falling asleep.
I am keeping this in mind for the future-I am not above brain washing infants!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A diaper party? for guys? What? ummmmm... thats just weird.

Anonymous said...

Never heard of a diaper party, but I love baby showers! Looks like you picked the perfect gift.

Jock said...

I've never heard of a diaper party either, sounds like an excuse someone made up to drink beer.

I wouldn't call that the perfect gift.

jporterGOP said...

I beg to differ, I can find better gifts.

: )

JP said...

"I am not above brainwashing infants"

This cracked me up.

Jock said...

Brainwashing is one thing but to mentally scar them for life that's just down right cruel.

megawatt miler said...

who said anything about mentally scarring?