Monday, September 1, 2008

Good Charlotte

Friday I went with a few friends to see Good Charlotte. The first Friday of every school year Notre Dame has a concert for the students. I think it used to be $5 but it was up to $10 this year. We have seen some pretty good bands here in the past, my favorites were Better than Ezra and Black Eyed Peas. I did mention this was for students-yes, someone purchased my ticket for me and I shamelessly used my old ID to sneak in. It wasn't sold out so I don't feel too bad about it. No one blinked an eye, apparantly I still look like a student.

Before the concert we went to eat at the restaurant on campus, Legends. When we walked up who else was outside smoking but Benji and Joel Madden! They are both in Good Charlotte. You may know them better by their girlfriends-one just had a baby with Nicole Richie and the other is/was dating Paris Hilton. I was very excited. When they finished eating they walked past our table on the way out-I was too chicken to ask for a picture with them but not to follow them outside (very inconspicuously I'm sure) and take a picture of the band as they walked away.

While they were outside smoking and before I got there my friends actually talked to them and got their autographs. One of them obviously didn't know much about the band because she asked where one of them was from, then turned and asked the other one the same thing (they are twin brothers). I thought that was pretty funny.

Here are some pictures from the concert. I'll blame the quality on my phone.



It was an excellent concert, they were very good in person. I'd definitely go see them again!

3 comments:

jporterGOP said...

we just had a concert at CMU, Eve 6 played, it was pretty good as well

carriegel said...

looks like you had a good time.

Shaelynn said...

I'll shamelessly admit that I really love Good Charlotte. I'm glad they were good live--there's nothing worse than finding out one of your favorite bands can't really play their music.