I thought I would chronicle some of the activities that have kept me too busy the past week to post about anything else. I am attempting to get back into shape for a possible end of summer triathlon. I'm not getting too excited yet because I haven't increased my miles to see how my knees do. I've just been doing a variety of activities to try to get aerobically back in shape:
1. Softball
Not much of a workout but I guess it counts for something.
2. Volleyball
A couple hours of sand volleyball at the beach was enough to make me sore.
3. Abs and Weight Lifting class.
Twice a week for 1.5 hours-great workout too.
4. Tennis
I had some people from work over last week to use the courts at my complex. I really enjoy tennis so hopefully I can start to play more often.
5. Triathlon
Alright, I just watched. Guess I can't count this one.
6. Elliptical/Treadmill
I alternate which one I use at the gym to try to save my knees. I never feel like I get a very good workout on the elliptical so its a little frustrating. I fit these workouts in on days not filled with team sports.
7. Cycling
I am aiming for at least 2 days a week riding the 10 miles into work. I even went today with a 40% chance of rain (yes, I did end up wet but it was worth it).
8. Swimming
I raced my friend between buoys at the lake. This was not a very extensive workout but at least it was something.
9. White water rafting
This wasn't really a great workout either. There is about a mile of man made rapids in the river in South Bend and for $4 you can go down in a raft. I was kind of hoping we'd tip and I'd be forced to swim, but that didn't happen. The paddling was the only part that was a workout.
I have just under three weeks to get into shape for this triathlon. Training program will be developed tonight when I get home from fitness classes at the gym!
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
yay for training! i'm excited to get to central so that i can take advantage of the SAC along with my dorm workout equipment in hopes to stop my freshman fifteen from happening
college gyms are the best, especially because they are free
The freshman 15 is practically unavoidable, kind of like death and taxes.
i will have you know i never gained the freshman 15. i LOST weight. only eating at the dorm for meals, no money for snacking, and walking everywhere took care of that.
Post a Comment