Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Cook Reactors 8-3

We lost again tonight, to a team we had already beaten. We were tied going into the last inning. We scored one run and they were up. They ended up with runners on 2nd and 3rd and a left handed batter up. We moved our shortstop to a short right center as an extra person in the outfield. He hit it and it went just past our 1st baseman and past the extra person in the outfield, both runners ran in and it was over. It was a very good game but it didn't end our way.

I played 2nd again. I batted four times-two singles and a double. The fourth time I hit it to the pitcher and he threw me out at first.

The first game of the night was actually an intern vs. young full time hires. The only time the interns have ever won this game was the year I was an intern. They won again tonight making me 0-2 for the day! In our defense, the only "experienced" people on the team were me and two other guys-the rest of our team had been hired in the past couple months so we didn't know each other and no one really took it seriously. The interns, however, had matching team t-shirts and had practiced several times over the summer to get ready.

Not a good night for softball.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:-(