Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cook Reactors 8-2

After two losses we finally won again tonight 16-6!

I had to bat lead-off, scary. The pitcher threw four balls in a row so I walked. Next two at-bats I hit it on the ground and got singles. Last at-bat I hit it somewhere in the outfield and got another single. I scored on the first three, and the last one I got tagged out at home. More like completely taken out by their pitcher, but I guess he couldn't have pushed me over if I wasn't too scared to slide in the first place.

I played 2nd as usual. I got hit in the shin once, but no lace marks this week!

On to the topic of triathlons-does anyone know someone willing to ride 56 miles this weekend as the bike leg in a Half-Ironman relay? It will be really fun and you get an awesome shirt! I'm the swimmer and I have a runner, but I need to recruit a biker before registration closes tomorrow...any takers?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your mom should do it.

carriegel said...

nothing like waiting to the last minute.

i would do the swim part but i know you have your heart set on that.

Jock said...

Let me think about it....nah, I'll pass this time.