Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weekend Update

My weekend started out with a not so busy Friday. I rode my bike home from work, ate some dinner, and fell asleep until What Not to Wear came on.

Saturday started with a charity softball tournament. I didn't fully understand the rules before we started playing and it ended up being pretty interesting. Since the whole point is to raise money at any point in the game you can "bribe" the umpires with donations to make you safe, let you hit a double, etc. At one point a donation was made so we would have to play an inning without our gloves. That was pretty ugly. Not only was it difficult to make plays, but every time we actually got someone out they paid to be safe. Finally after at least 25 minutes on the field someone paid for the inning to be over, that was a relief. There were also announcers that announced everyones name as they batted and made fun of people-that was a lot of pressure! They could also fine teams for things like not hustling enough. It definitely made things interesting, and it was pretty fun.

After that Tiff (my friend from high school) came over from Monroe to hang out. She brought with her my favorite pizza, Tiffany's. I don't get to see her enough and I don't get to eat Tiffany's enough so it was definitely a win-win!

One of our favorite activities to do together is lay out so we spent some time at the pool when she got in. That night we were planning to see Mamma Mia until I made the mistake of telling her it was a musical. She said she couldn't handle people randomly breaking out into song so we saw The Dark Knight instead. I thought it was very dark but definitely worth seeing.

Today we spent most of the day at the pool again. After she had to leave some friends of mine came over for a barbeque at my house. It definitely wasn't up to Uncle C's grilling standards! The grill I have (one of my friends has left it at my house) doesn't even have knobs, they were using a wrench to control the gas.

I plan on spending the rest of the night cleaning up and getting stuff ready for the week. I am riding my bike into work again tomorrow, and I have two fitness classes tomorrow night at the gym. Both leave me exhausted by themselves, so I am pretty certain I will be sore and extremely tired tomorrow night!

4 comments:

carriegel said...

oh, tiff! of course people breaking out in song could be upsetting.

and where is my pizza?!

JP said...

I have a friend from down there and she talks about Tiffany's pizza all the time.

Jock said...

A good pizza with a cold glass of milk, it doesn't get much better than that.

megawatt miler said...

that is awesome joni! its pretty amazing...and i have two whole pizzas all to myself. im considering freezing it but im not sure how that would work out.