As most of you know I've been stuck in a hotel for most of the week. The conference I'm at is actually in the hotel, and I am too young to rent a car without going over my company trip budget. Unfortunately, this has led to a lot of TV watching. With the limited number of channels available (most of them taken up by ESPN-5 to be exact) I've been focusing on TLC and HGTV. Through that I have found a new obsession-Jon&Kate Plus 8. I have watched it sporadically before when its been on but I don't think I had seen an episode through. I definitely caught up this week. For those of you who don't know that is a show about a couple in Pennsylvania who have twin 7 year old girls and sextuplet 4 year olds. I have been very fascinated by this. On a side note, one of my favorite things about staying in a hotel is almost no guilt in TV overload (nothing else to do, right?).
This obsession with Jon&Kate led to a disaster today-a complete absence of them in the TLC lineup for tonight. I was racking my brain for what I was going to do without my staple (At this point I would like to point out I haven't been completely lazy. A good part of this TV-watching has been while in the hotel gym which I usually have had to myself so I have gotten to dictate the channel). Suddenly it occured to me that Survivor posts episodes online-and I was only halfway through Season 13 on my tapes at home! Score! How did I not think of this earlier in the week? So I spent all night catching up on Survivor, complete through the finale (minus episodes 13 and 14-does anyone know why they are missing from the website?). All I can say is WOW, I could not stop watching, what a great season! I picked a bad season not to watch live because I missed having people to talk about it with-so I must get it all out here!
First of all, I want to say I have always loved Cirie, and I really wanted to see her in the finals. One of the missing episodes was the one where she was voted off, so at least I missed that pain. Someone I did not like, however, was Natalie. It seemed like she was very quiet the first half of the season then she just appeared out of nowhere. I really need to vent about her. Her every expression and word that came out of her mouth was driving me absolutely crazy. Sadly I also did not see the episode where she got voted off (another missing one), but I can't wait to see it when I get home. She could possibly be my least favorite person in Survivor history.
Erik-wow. I don't know what to say about this one. He annoyed me pretty much all season, a reason I wanted him gone. I was a little torn in the end though because he was a nice guy, just annoying. And he was from Pinckney, another reason to root for him. One of the funniest moments was James analogy of the situation from the final episode-Eric was drowning off the side of the boat when he got the lifevest he needed to survive. Then he threw it back into the boat.
I can't believe Parvarti won! I think everyone thought it would be Amanda, or at least I did. It seemed Parvarti did too because she looked absolutely shocked in the finale. Amanda has never been one of my real favorites, but I did want to see her win this time. Was anyone else surprised? Maybe when I see the few missing episodes I will get a little insight.
Oh how I love Survivor-this season would have been completely perfect if Yao-Man had stayed a little longer. Can't wait for next season!
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh now you know this is something I can diss about for hours. Wow. It was an amazing season. I will tell you, Amanda chose who was in the finals with her. She totally missed it. She couldn't have one against Cirie either. Looking forward to Africa. Preliminary reports is it'll be a rough season just from a survival standpoint.
can you see why your aunt and i were so excited all season? we could go on and on.
i wanted cirie to win too. we hated her when she had yau-man voted off (remember your aunt wearing black every thursday after that?) but came around to rooting for her. she masterminded every strategic move.
and the blindsides! week after week.
i have those two episodes on tape. the one i missed you saw.
so glad we can talk about it now!
hey, put voice mail on your phone. makes it hard to call you back without it.
I LOVE Jon & Kate + 8!! Their kids are so adorable. I'm always fascinated by how they've managed to stay sane while raising 8 children.
Did you know that Kate tries to only feed her kids organically?? I can't imagine feeding 8 kids regularly, let alone trying to do it in the most healthy way possible.
Post a Comment