We spent the first couple of days hanging around the beach and pool and Cory showed me around Daytona a little. He lived there for four years when he was going to school at Embry Riddle so I enjoyed seeing where he hung out while he was down there. This is a picture of us, his cousin, and his brother and his wife taken outside of the bookstore on campus. All three of the boys graduated from here. His cousin is now a pilot, his brother is in air traffic control, and Cory is an aerospace engineer with Boeing. I think they enjoyed being on campus together. I don't have a picture but the Daytona Speedway is right next to campus, Cory said it is really loud when races are going on.

Here is a picture from dinner one night. We went to this great outdoor seafood place. One of my favorite things about Florida is the fresh seafood.
While we were waiting for dinner Cory's cousin handed over his daughter, Olivia, for Cory to hold. She is so cute and kept us entertained all weekend! I think this picture is funny because he looks a little apprehensive.

One afternoon Cory and I drove down to Ponce Inlet to check out this super-old lighthouse down there. It was really neat, and they had restored all the old buildings where the families that took care of the lighthouse lived. I was excited to see the Generator Building that powered the lights. It was a little disappointing-nothing like the generators I'm used to!

We climbed to the top of the lighthouse which had a great view of Daytona. None of the pictures really turned out so you'll just have to imagine it. Cory took this picture of me in the lighthouse entrace. I only included it for one reason-Cory took it and immediately said "Look-I took a crooked picture like your Mom!". I think he was trying to be funny. So here you go, Mom-you think your style is rubbing off?

The real reason we went to Daytona was for the wedding of one of Cory's family friends. It was outdoors and very pretty. While we were waiting for the official after-wedding pictures to be finished, we saw dolphins in the river right in front of us!
This is a picture of Cory, his sister Carrie, and I before the reception started.
Thats it for now. All I have to add is that I am missing our softball game which makes me very sad :( . My sources told me we won 13-10. Can't wait til next week!

3 comments:
i think i have seen these before. that's ok i don't mind seeing them again.
yes you have-because you were supposed to try to fix them remember?
love the dress in the last couple of pics. very cute!
Post a Comment