Monday, June 16, 2008

More Airpot Fun Part 2: Hotel Fun

Its getting a little ridiculous so I decided to to start a new post: Airpot Fun continued....Hotel Fun.

Got checked in to the hotel and walked into my room which was roasting. Went to turn on the air, but it doesn't seem to be working. Called the front desk and told them it said "LP" on the thermostat instead of a number. She responded with "Uh-oh". Great. Sat in my room for half an hour not able to unpack or shower in case I have to move to another room. Maintenance people finally arrive a few minutes ago and its fixed! Hopefully this is the last of my problems for the day. I have to shower and iron some clothes for tomorrow and finally get to bed-what a long day.

***Edit #2 12:45 AM: I went to shower and my problems continued. I was unpacking my shower stuff and discovered the whole top had broken off my razor somehow during transit. I have never before had one just break in half. I called the front desk....first she asked me how the air was working. I went down to pick up a new razor and met the maintenance guy in the hallway who also asked me how the air was. I am making friends already which is good-I will probably need them later. I discovered how cheap hotel razors are when I cut myself-three times. I also got a mouthful of shampoo when I couldnt get the lid off and tried to use my teeth-yuck.

***Edit #3 12:54 AM: Air is broke again.

Its starting to feel a little like Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. I am definitely going to bed now. Hopefully six hours of sleep is enough to stay awake through 8 hours of lecture. I think I'll be drinking a lot of coffee.

In honor of Father's Day I'll leave you with a quote my dad says often and I have come to appreciate:

"Traveling is fun."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This isn't good at all. If you're bad karma is starting to move into hotels and such, we may need to re-think FL.

carriegel said...

wow, and i thought your troubles were over when the maintenance people showed up when we were talking.

mickey said...

I don't have the best luck traveling, either.

One time I had to go to Detroit for a class, for work, and they wouldn't let me check into my hotel, because I was under 21.

At one point, someone from our Regional Office in Detroit was going to have to come to my hotel, and check me in, until the hotel management realized how completely ridiculous the situation was becoming.

And I had to take an 18 passenger beach craft plane for one of my flights from Canada. Since the flight was full, they could only load half the luggage, and didn't bother to tell us that until everyone who got their luggage had it claimed. And drunk Michigan hunters in close quarters...just annoying. So for like, three days, I only had one outfit, because everything else was in my suitcase, or my dorm room in Canada.