Dont worry-I am using fall protection!
I love to climb. Its one of the best workouts. The condensers are like a giant jungle gym and are much easier to manage than real rock climbing-its even better that I'm getting paid to get a workout.
Things have quieted down a little bit now at work and I am back to somewhat normal hours. I have about another week of that before we start back up and it will be back to crazy. Unfortunately that is around finals week for school. I'm warning you now-I WILL disappear again around that time.
Somewhere during the time I was stuck at work spring came. I looked outside the first day I was home when it was actually light out and saw this:
How did that happen so quickly? I also saw this:
Poor little guy is getting absolutely crushed. My garden desperately needs to be cleaned out for spring and I have no time.Another day during my disappearance this showed up at my front door. I still havent decided if the mail man put it in the rocks intentionally, or if it was on my porch and rolled off on its own. Either way, I am pretty lucky I actually saw it hidden in there. Hopefully Uncle Chris figured this out by now but yes, that is a coconut.
A certain boyfriend of mine came to visit last weekend so of course I had to do some baking. Actually thats not the reason (sorry Cory). He doesnt like banana bread and the cookies were mostly for my dad (Happy Bday Dad!). These are my accomplishments: Chocolate chip banana bread muffins and no bake cookies. The muffins are mainly whole wheat flour, applesauce (instead of oil), splenda and mashed up bananas so they are pretty darn healthy. The cookies, however, are not. They have a ridiculous amount of butter in them-can't win them all I guess.
A word of advice: If you are making a recipe for the first time with ingredients you dont usually use (i.e. oats) do NOT, I repeat, do NOT double the recipe because you "think" that it won't make enough. I think my cube mates at work were very happy with the extras.Today was sunny and absolutely beautiful-62 degrees is perfect t-shirt and shorts running weather as far as I'm concerned. I ran 3 miles but it was a little rough (no matter what anyone says running on a treadmill in no way prepares you for running on a road). I actually forgot my watch so I don't have any idea what my pace was. It was kinda nice to not worry about it and just enjoy the nice weather. A much bigger problem than being out of shape is my knee. I have ice on it now....and that is another story for another time.
After a good run nothing is better than some pasta! The key here is the home made meatballs (thanks for the recipe Mom). With ground turkey breast and whole wheat pasta its not too bad. Plus look at that broccoli-steamed broccoli looks (and tastes!) better than almost any other vegetable.

Its time to go concentrate on American Idol and my knee now-I promise not to take such a long break before I post again.

6 comments:
Yea! I don't have to look at lasagna anymore.
Nice update. You have been busy.
no more lasagna-upgraded to cookies and spaghetti
its kinda sad... after six weeks of baking class, i saw all those cookies and just involuntarily shuddered. I'll leave the baking to you, you appear to be much, much better at it than i am.
made a killer sauce for shrimp today in class. might be a way to incorporate a little delicious fat into a dish without adding TOO much (it's got heavy cream in it). email me or message me if you want the procedure. :)
made duck confit today too, but i have a feeling that you might not be into that much duck fat. ;)
I feel you on the working a lot.
I worked 23 days straight in February.
I can relate to weeks where a lot of hours have to be put in, though I try not to complain a lot because I'm lucky enough to be at home working most of the time.
Do you think (maybe? pretty please?) you could post the muffin recipe? They looked amazing and with finals week coming up here, I know the people at work would appreciate some healthy snacks.
aspartame kills
:)
Post a Comment