(Sponsored by the American Heart Association.)
My work is encouraging people to be healthier (in other words-reduce their health care costs) by sponsoring a 10 week walking program starting today. You log your walking miles and you have to reach 150 miles by the end of the program to be eligible for prize raffles.
150/10=15 miles a week!!! (I know everyone wishes they could be this good at math).
15 miles a week is a solid week of running for me even when I am training for races. 15 miles a week is A LOT to expect someone who doesn't consistently exercise to accomplish. Actually even if you are in the habit of exercising that still seems like an intimidating amount. I'm pretty sure they missed the boat on this one-people are either going to get discouraged and quit or just cheat on their numbers to be eligible for prizes.
Hopefully I will do neither and instead complete the challenge and win some good exercise equipment-I will keep you posted!
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
My goal is at least 20 miles a week. Do I win anything?
nope
That does seem a little aggressive -- especially for someone just starting out. Let us know how it ends up.
15 miles does sound like a lot but if you break it down by the day it is just over 2 miles per day. That doesn't sound so bad.
If you average 3 mph while walking it would take 5 hours to go 15 miles which is less than 45 minutes per day. That doesn't sound so hard when you look at it like that.
I don't think 15 miles is the important part anyway, just getting people out to exercise is.
By the way how was my math skills?
good luck!
dad, your math skills were fine, but your grammar might need some work. it would be how WERE my math skills.
haha
I was going to say that but decided to let it go! haha
Post a Comment