Lou was there for the unveiling!

When Cory asked what color I thought The Shirt would be this year I just said, "I hope its not yellow again". It turned out to be yellow, but I really like this color!
Here is the front...

From http://theshirt.nd.edu/theshirt09.html,
Rise and Strike
Taken from the song "Hike, Notre Dame," Rise and Strike is a call to action. It commands the Notre Dame community to Rise and Strike our opponents, and it demands that we fight with force and ferocity. These three simple words urge both fans and players to wake up echoes and shake down thunder. Rise and Strike explains that there is no room for weakness or doubt in the Notre Dame community—only maximum effort is acceptable.
And here is the back...
Defend Our HonorA call that goes unheeded, a call without an answer, is pointless. There needs to be an answer to the call of Rise and Strike—and the back of The Shirt 2009 is the answer to that call. Why must we Rise and Strike? To Defend Our Honor. When the Fighting Irish put on their uniforms, they must fight in such a way that, win or lose, makes us all proud to be a part of Notre Dame.
I like it a lot and Cory and I will be getting ours soon. Speaking of Notre Dame football, look what came in the mail this week!

Yes, that is my 2009 football ticket lottery application. Since Cory can also apply for alumni tickets now we will double our chances for tickets this year. Go Irish and please "Defend our Honor" this year!!!!

4 comments:
Almost as exciting as U of M! : )
Dear niece don't get your hopes up to high because as long as Charlie is there Notre Dame will be a disappointment. My prediction is that Brian Kelly will be the coach of ND one year from now. He wanted the Boston College job but he will take ND as the constellation prize.
i only have my hope
Good luck in that lottery! I do love the shirt tradition. That is cool.
Post a Comment