Saturday, March 21, 2009

Good Eats

Yes, I've been watching Food Network a lot lately. Its very inspirational, and I always feeling like I'm chopping vegetables or doing other simple things wrong so I like to see how other people do it. I made a super-simple dinner tonight that turned out much better than I was expecting. I've been into tilapia lately and this is the best reciple I've found so far. Its tilapia with lemon peppercorn pan sauce from Cooking Light. I've been wanting to try the rice for awhile (Rachael Ray's lemon thyme rice) and it used chicken stock and lemon zest so I didn't waste the extras from making the fish. I had to cook it a little longer than I was expecting because I used brown rice but it turned out great. The salad is just baby arugula mixed with the pre-made broccoli cole slaw (http://www.broccoli.com/broc_cole.html) that hungry girl has been raving about lately. I agree-the stuff is awesome, and Meijers carries it.
For all you fitness and health-conscious people out there-this was a really good meal and super-easy, I'd definitely recommend it!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there a recipe for the fish? I'd love to try it. I'm trying to get more fish in our diets.

megawatt miler said...

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=592307

i skipped the green peppercorns and just used regular ground peppercorn b/c thats what i had. they had almost 10 recipes for tilapia-i bookmarked almost all of them to try later, its off to a good start! i always keep a supply of tilapia in the freezer-im trying to eat more of it too.

megawatt miler said...

i usually use the pre-made marinades from the store and bake it, but this turned out way better

carriegel said...

you know how i feel about fish.

megawatt miler said...

We know, tilapia is very mild though

Anonymous said...

I don't like pre-made anything really because I can't control the salt. I'm a huge fan of colored peppercorns and use them in everything!

Jock said...

I try not to use anything premade because of the salt thing too.

I think I will try this recipe, I am always looking for ways to cook tilapia. It is relatively inexpensive as fish goes and easy to find.

megawatt miler said...

my doctor told me to eat more salt, so i guess thats not something i think about. this turned out way better anyway though.