Friday, February 27, 2009

Trip Update

I had a really good week of training. I learned a lot, and I can't wait to start using this software more at work. The bad part was that I had several assignments I still had to get done at work this week, so I spent a lot of my nights working on them and keeping caught up on e-mail. As busy as it made this week, it will be nice to not be so far behind next week when I return to "real" work.

Idaho is really pretty-especially with all the mountains. My connection was in Salt Lake City, and that was also really pretty landing and taking off from the airport. We went over some of the winter olympic buildings so I thought that was pretty cool too. I do wish that I had time to do some outdoor activities while I was here, we are pretty close to Yellowstone and a lot of places to ski.

By the way-we actually saw this truck in our hotel parking lot. It is an F-650! Yes, that is a 6. I didn't even know anything over a F-350 existed. It was impressive, thats all I have to say.


Now for the bad part....
My flights out here were so uneventful that I got overconfident that everything would go as planned when I returned. I also took it as a lucky sign that I ran into the Notre Dame women's tennis team in the Salt Lake airport. Of course, I should have known better. I got to the airport this morning and found out that my 8:00 flight had been cancelled because there wasn't a crew. Luckily (I guess) I got rescheduled for a 1:30 flight and I will still make it home tonight, although not until early in the morning. Tomorrow I have to get up and head to South Bend for my flight to Orlando-lets hope all my traveling goes as planned for the next 24 hours!

4 comments:

carriegel said...

not a chance

carriegel said...

have you found your car yet?

megawatt miler said...

Yes, had to wait awhile for the shuttle to the other terminal since my incoming airline was different due to the cancelled flight...

Anonymous said...

Please don't be offended if we always suggest we meet somewhere instead of traveling together.