Option #1:Tent at the Morris
All the pictures I have are from the website I listed below, so go there if you want to see more. The tent would be a good option because there is so much you can do with the space, and I really like a lot of pictures I have seen. I think being outside would be really nice too.
There is a courtyard area outside of the tent where you can have your cocktail hour.
I really like the pictures they have with lanterns/balloons. 
Option #2: South Dining Hall
I have always loved South Dining Hall-it stands directly across the quad from my former dorm and its where I ate every day for four years. Ironically, I used to hate it when they had weddings there because they would block off half of the dining hall for the reception making the half the students were on more crowded that night.
These were the best pictures I could find of the inside. Its rumored that the Great Hall in the Harry Potter movies was inspired by the inside of South. I think it would be nice to have it here because I have spent countless hours here and I have always loved it, and its somewhere I can always go back to visit! It is a very large space, but for receptions they can bring in round tables and block off as much of the room as you want. There is also a smaller room upstairs where you can have a cocktail hour before the reception.
(http://food.nd.edu/dining/dining_halls.html)Comments? Opinions? I don't know how I am going to decide in the next week!



7 comments:
Ironically, you didn't have one negative thing to say on option #2. No worries about the weather or anything. Maybe this won't be as hard as you think. And honestly, there's no right or wrong answer here. We're coming no matter where it is!
The negatives are its a really big space and normally a student dining hall so in that way its not "special"
The negatives are its a really big space and normally a student dining hall so in that way its not "special"
The negatives are its a really big space and normally a student dining hall so in that way its not "special"
think about it this way. the dining hall is going to lend itself to a more formal reception while the tent will be more informal. which style of reception appeals more to you?
That doesn't help, still another decision
I love the tent pictures! (I especially loved the pic with the lanterns--too cute.) While it could be a problem if the weather was bad, I still think the tents are a cool idea because they're different.
Post a Comment