Monday, December 22, 2008

Advent

Much like my youngest cousin I get an Advent Calendar to open every year (my mom's doing, of course). This is my absolute favorite part of coming home every day. I usually don't even wait until my coat is off to open my door.

Here are some of my favorite doors from this year:

Cute Ornaments. If you have seen my tree you know its in need of ornaments. Mine are in boxes somewhere in my parents garage/attic. I have a tiny tree anyway, perfect for these little ones.

Portable Splenda. I love Splenda, and I have never seen these before, how cool. Where does she find this stuff?

These were some good doors. Gas, Panera, and good coffee-can't get better than that! You can tell she was on top of it this year because she was here awhile ago and these are from a local drive-through coffee place near my house. Always need some wrapping stuff.
She's good-I love this stuff! I actually tried the lip shimmer in a different color for the first time a month ago and really like it. How does she know?This was my favorite door from last year, and it repeated this year again! What is that you ask? A roll of stamps-it seems like I am always going to the Post Office to get stamps (or I should say I was, because my supply from last year lasted me until now).

Thanks Mom! Don't worry-I won't be too old for an Advent Calendar next year either.

4 comments:

carriegel said...

I'm glad you liked it. It was fun putting it together. Unlike Katie, I don't have to wrap your gifts.

Anonymous said...

I love the ornaments too!

Anonymous said...

Thats cute! We had advent calendars when i was a kid, but ours just had candy. Gas cards would come in handy for the the combined "Christmas/Birthday for the next three years or so" gift she bought me (and my sister, we have a great mom), a new Mazda 3!

Shaelynn said...

That's so awesome. Those ornaments are adorable.