Thursday, November 13, 2008

Traveling Update

Well I can't believe it but I made it to Philly last night with no delays, lost luggage, or other airport mishaps. Amazing!

The real purpose of my trip is for the ND/Navy game in Baltimore this weekend. It was announced early this week that Charlie was going back to offensive play calling for this game-theres been a lot of talk about firing him so this will be his chance. If we lose to Navy for the 2nd year in a row it could be over. I don't agree with firing coaches before their contracts are over, so hopefully they pull it together this weekend.

Cory left ironing and ingredients to make chili (he did forget the onion) so I have had a lot to do today while he was working. I have two tests next week so I have been busy studying too. I downloaded all my lectures onto my iPod before I left so I was able to watch them in the airport and on the plane so I got a lot done last night.

Tonight I think we are going to play Quizo with some of his friends here. Tomorrow my parents are coming here from New York. I think we are going to Villanova to visit my cousin and probably make a trip to Trader Joe's. That is the most amazing grocery store in the world and Cory lives 5 minutes from it. My mom has never been there but she has been dying to go for a long time!

In other news, I made Pioneer Woman's Eggplant Pasta this week: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/11/when-marlboro-man-leaves-town-pasta-with-eggplant/

I stole this picture off her website, it looks much better than the one I would have taken. The pasta turned out really good-I would highly recommend it even if you arent a big fan of eggplant. I cut the recipe in half and I still had enough for four meals so I would keep that in mind if you are going to make it.

I saw my parents on a certain TV show last night-I won't say which since I'm sure my mom would like to cover it herself. I actually only saw the very tops of their heads for a second-but I knew it was them! I confirmed where they were sitting during the filming and it definitely was them.

I'm sure I won't have a chance to update before the weekend, so

GO IRISH!!!

6 comments:

Jock said...

Is the game at the home of the Ravens? If it is take some time and walk around the inner harbor in Baltimore it is just a few blocks from the stadium. It is one of my favorite places in any city I have been in.

Where's the recipe for that eggplant stuff?

Anonymous said...

Pioneer Woman. If Sarah doesn't have a link on her blog, I do and I bet Carrie does too. I'm gonna have to go dig that up myself. Looks good!

jporterGOP said...

Sarah, I left you a message on facebook!

megawatt miler said...

Yes, it is at the Ravens stadium. That is a good suggestion-we were looking for something to do before the game!

The link for the recipe should be in post.

megawatt miler said...

ok for some reason i copied the wrong link in but its fixed now

Jock said...

I saw the link when I went back to your post.

Take some pics of the Inner Harbor if you go there. There are lots of things to look at there, the aquarium is there, lots of shops and restaurants, it's just a great place to walk around. If you need a place to park in there is a parking ramp downtown that I always parked in easy in and easy out. I can find the name of it if you need it. You can walk to the Inner Harbor from here, Camden Yards and the Ravens stadium.