Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pumpkin

In celebration of fall and my love of pumpkin I decided to make something new out of pumpkin. I found this cookie recipe on the internet for cookies with a cream cheese filling and thought they sounded really good. Fortunately my mom was there to take the pictures so they are much better quality than normal.

st joe, 10.08

Something is missing from this photo-I left out the eggs. At this point I took a closer look at the photo.

st joe, 10.08

Pumpkin Pie mix-what is that doing in there??? I need pumpkin! After consulting with the expert baker in my residence we determined that probably wouldn't work and I had to get some real pumpkin. At this point it was late so I had to resume baking the next day after a trip to the store.

st joe, 10.08

Just look at that lovely pumpkin hue!

st joe, 10.08

At this point my mom walked over and said "Those actually don't look too bad". Clearly she doesn't think I inherited her talents. I was nervous about them because she didn't bring her baking squeeze bag thing, so I had to squeeze the cookie patterns out with a plastic bag with the corner cut off. I'll admit they turned out better than I expected too.

sarah g, st. joe, 10.08

These were a lot of work!

st joe, 10.08

But it was definitely worth it in the end.

st joe, 10.08

YUM!

8 comments:

Jock said...

I love pumpkin cookies. Will you be sending some out like your mother? I'll be waiting.

megawatt miler said...

these need to be refrigerated which presents a few complications...

carriegel said...

yum, they were good and i only got one.

carriegel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
megawatt miler said...

i only ate two-brought the rest to work where they disappeared quickly

Shaelynn said...

They look sort of like oatmeal cream pies!

jporterGOP said...

those look so good

Anonymous said...

pastry bag, sarah, pastry bag! although the cool thing about cutting out the corner of a baggie -- just throw it all out. no need to wash it! btw -- they look delicious.