Monday, September 15, 2008

quick updates

1. My phone is still refusing to show any sign of life. I took it to the store today and they found no sign of damage (i.e. water damage from a certain football game this weekend) so they are replacing it under warranty. Score! That is incredibly lucky. I have had problems with it since I got it, so I probably should have had them replace it before anyway I just got lucky they still did it.

2. I did a load of laundry yesterday and realized when I took it out I forgot to put in laundry detergent and fabric softener so I had to do it again. Today I did the exact same thing AGAIN so I had to re-do the load AGAIN.

3. My car is getting an extended service thing done so I have a loaner right now. I got to the dealership today and had a moment of panic when I thought I couldn't get a loaner because I was too young. I hadn't thought of this before I left work and drove 45 minutes to the dealership. I ran into this problem on business trips when I haven't been able to rent a car for a reasonable price ($1000 for 5 days-seriously?). They didn't say anything so I'm in the clear.

4. I lost in fantasy again but I got more points than at least half the people in the league-big improvement. Unfortunately Ryan Grant only got 2 points, not good. Julius Jones got 20.1-definitely should have started him instead! I also started Jeremy Shockey over John Carlson-should have known to stick with the ND alum.

5. I am in 2nd place in my pick 'em league-not bad. The girls need to beat the boys.

6. I forgot my garage opener in my car-oops. Never even thought of it.

5 comments:

Jock said...

Ryan Grant hasn't looked good running the football yet but as a whole the Packers look good. You might want to look at Aaron Rodgers for a quarterback if he is available.

megawatt miler said...

yeah right he's not available! he got picked reasonably early in our draft, and has gotten a lot of fantasy points so far.

bulger actually did better than cassel last week, i dont know what im going to do this week ahhhh.

megawatt miler said...

i just realized the guy i am playing this week is actually starting aaron rodgers...great

carriegel said...

why do you admit those things? do you really have an engineering degree?

Jock said...

I would take the quarterback playing against the Lions every week. You can't go wrong.