Sunday, September 14, 2008

It was a good day in college football.

I can't say I am any more confident about our team this year after that performance, but I was very happy with the outcome anyway. It was a fun game, including the rain. I don't think I've ever been so soaked in my life. In fact, I had some good campus pictures I was going to post-but my phone is no longer working after the torrential downpour in the second half of the game (apparantly South Bend set some kind of inches of rain record). If you are trying to get a hold of me and I'm not answering, thats why.

I was glad to see USC have such a convincing win over Ohio State. I strongly dislike both teams, but there are a lot of Ohio State fans at work to put up with and hopefully this will put them in their place for awhile. One team has to win the game, and at least its better when they embarass the other team in the process.

Poor Charlie. No one had any idea of his game-time injury in the stadium (or at least no one around us and the several people in the student section I spoke to). This is what he had to say about it later (right now he is saying a torn ACL and MCL-ironically the same injury his former player Brady has):

"Tommy Brady's got nothing on me," he said. "... How do you like that? I feel like an athlete. First time in my life."

All I need for a perfect football weekend is for Cassel and Grant to do well tomorrow!

5 comments:

jporterGOP said...

i think you can tell just by looking at big charlie that he was never an "athlete"

Jock said...

Enjoy the victory for a week ND deserves it but they better be ready for next week it won't be so easy.

carriegel said...

i am very afraid for next week.

Anonymous said...

The only thing you should have to worry about is that Grant gets on the field. I'm starting him this week too, and as long as he plays, he'll destroy the Lions.

megawatt miler said...

nooo somehow i am not getting the packers/lions game-we are getting the colts and bears games instead :(