Thursday, September 18, 2008

Career Fair

I had to work at the ND Engineering Career Fair today. Talking to a lot of people and repeating the same things over and over really tires me out. Not to mention I left for work at 6:30 this morning and didn't get home until 9:30 tonight...that is a long day.

It still feels very weird to me to be on the "employer" side and not the "student" side. Most of the time I still just feel like a student. I saw at least 15 people I graduated with, so that was nice. It was nice to see some of our interns from the summer as well. A couple of Cory's friends in grad school were also wandering around so I could "pretend" I was recruiting but really I was just taking a break and talking to people who don't care what our interns will be doing for the summer or how our full-time benefits are.

Hopefully we hire a lot of these people so they have more people to go to career fairs and I don't have to do it anymore! At least I got a ND mouse pad as a thank you, you can never have enough ND representation at your cube.

In other news I have homework due tomorrow I haven't exactly had a chance to work on yet-guess that is what lunch time is for. The most exciting fact for the day: I picked up Brady Quinn on my fantasy team tonight!

3 comments:

jporterGOP said...

you had a decent team until you picked up that baggage
: )
in the nicest way possible

Jock said...

Rumors are flying around saying Brady Quinn may be playing before long. The problem with the Browns isn't their quarterback play it's the receivers.

megawatt miler said...

haha-by sunday i have to be back down to 14 so he will get dropped...and picked up again next week.