Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cook Reactors 9-4

Last week the other team forfeited so it wasn't like we really won. It was their intern team and apparantly they went home for the summer and no one told us not to show up. Fortunately one of the teams playing before us stayed so we could at least scrimmage. It ended up being really fun because there was no pressure....and the other team was in costume! They had a power ranger, a double dare contestant, a 6' guy in pink pajamas with footies (I was impressed-I'm not sure where he ever found that). The best costume was a guy wearing only running tights, a swim cap with "Phelps" written on it in Sharpie and a bunch of paper gold medals on his neck.

This week we lost 7-8. We were winning 7-4 and fell apart, once again, in the last inning. I didn't have a very good game. I batted three times and never made it on base. I hit two right to the pitcher and the throws to first weren't even close to me making it. The third one I hit to center field but right to their outfielder and he had no trouble catching it. I did alright at 2nd, could have done better there too.

This was our last regular season game-on to the tournament next week!

2 comments:

carriegel said...

you started the season so strong, what happened?

megawatt miler said...

we fell apart. the guys got frustrated only playing half the game b/c there were so many of them and so they stopped showing up. everyone stopped trying so hard i guess.