The score was tied 10-10. Next inning was 11-10 us. Final inning they scored 6 runs and we ended up at 17-13 for a final score. I have to admit they were pretty bad sports. They refused to close the gate going out to their bench. In the last inning someone threw the ball home and it went out the gate into their team. Our catcher assumed the play was dead, meanwhile two of their players run in and one stops at 2nd. The umpire then decides he is going to advance the runner that stopped on 2nd to 3rd-I have no idea why. Plays like that all game didn't help, but in the end we did ourselves in by playing very badly.
I struck out twice for my very first (and second) strike outs of the season! Not swinging on both. I had been afraid of doing this all season-and it was as embarassing as I had imagined. I would agree with the first strike out, but on the 2nd one I actually had to move back to avoid being hit with the ball that was somehow a strike. I was pretty confused on that one.
This is an all-Whirlpool league except for our team and the local hospital's team. Through the grape vine we have heard that all the Whirlpool teams have come into work every Wednesday morning complaining about our team. They are all gunning for us now, and this team was pretty excited to beat us. They have lost twice, and we get a rematch with them in August-can't wait!
I'll leave you with a picture of one of the injuries I sustained last night. This is my swollen and bruised knee. I was playing 2nd again and took a hard line drive right to my bad knee. If you look closely at the line of red marks you will see they are in perfect softball lace formation. I thought it was actually pretty cool the laces left such a distinctive mark. By the way, I froze for about three seconds from the shock of getting hit before I was able to pick up the ball to throw to first-and sadly he was safe. 


6 comments:
That slow pitch softball is a rough game.
ahh yes, the lace marks...i usually had them on my wrists from ground balls or picks at first base. however, i've also had them on my chest and stomach from high hops
haha i didnt realize it was such a common injury
better than the place where your dad usually gets hit by a ball. cool marks, though.
That play should have been dead. It kind of irritates me that they allowed two runs AND advanced a runner.
I loved getting lace marks.
yeah it definitely irritated me too! especially since they had been told to close the door.
Post a Comment