Today I decided to leave work a little early. Actually I was pretty much forced to because my car registration expires tomorrow and I didn't want to be a complete procrastinator and wait til the very last day to do it. I'm also never off work when when the Secretary of State is open (this one doesn't have Saturday hours) so theres never a good time. By the way did you Michiganders know that when you say "I am at the Secretary of State" to a non-Michigan person it leaves them very confused? I found that out today-they think its just a person and not a place. I had to take a picture of the sign to prove it.
So anyway, I left work early. As I was leaving no one was around in my group to tell so I just left.
I got to the Secretary of State and it was absolutely packed. My ticket was #9 and they were on #76 (going to 100 to start over). After awhile a chair opened up and I finally got to sit down. I was playing on my phone, not paying much attention, and half an hour later the chair next to me opened up someone sat down and said, "Aren't you supposed to be at work now?". I looked up and it was my boss. Seriously. I don't know what the chances are that we would both pick the same day to renew our registration, but they must be pretty slim.
So anyway, it was pretty funny. Luckily he is very flexible on the hours we work as long as we get everything done and in general give him an idea of where we are going to be, I was just caught off guard a little when he first sat down.
********************************************
On a different topic I had my first night of Strictly Abs and Powerflex classes at the Y. I used to be very good about lifting but I've had a hard time forcing myself to do it lately and paying for a class is usually enough motivation for me to go. My arms are almost too tired to type right now, I'm betting tomorrow is going to be a sore and painful day. They were definitely two great classes and I'm glad I signed up. Tomorrow could be a different story when my sore muscles have ruined my softball game!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hah, nice.
Post a Comment