Friday, July 25, 2008

Cardinals Game-Part 1

Last weekend Cory and I went to visit my parents in Pittsburgh. I think they are still very happy he ended up in Philly and their house is pretty much in the middle for us to visit. The real reason for this visit was baseball. Cardinals baseball, to be exact. I'm not a big Cardinals fan, especially because I have to listen to Cardinals talk all the time and the recent World Series we won't mention again.

By the way-notice the improved picture quality on this post. My mom has edited the pictures and allowed me access to her photobucket. Don't expect this kind of quality all the time.

This was taken outside of the stadium. Don't ask me what river this is-there are three of them!
sarah & cory, 7.12.08

Of course we had to be there in time for batting practice.
Photobucket

I was bored during batting practice so I spent my time taking pictures of the people I actually knew. See Pujols talking to LaRussa?
Photobucket

While entertaining myself during batting practice I found out that continuing to pronounce the "j" in Pujol's name will start to annoy even the most even-tempered Cardinals fan.

I like this picture but I never knew what was so funny.
Photobucket

I knew I'd find a friend here! I was happy this guy was sitting in front of us.
Photobucket

To be continued...

4 comments:

Jock said...

We went to a Tiger's game back in old Tiger stadium when the Cardinal's were there and watched batting practice. The stadium was packed for BP because Mark McGuire was with the Cardinal's at the time. Even with all the blown up ball players on steroids it was a great show. McGuire hit two over the left field roof of old Tiger stadium. Pujos was a rookie that year and he hit some bombs way up into the upper deck in left field.

carriegel said...

is there anywhere else you have been? just a hint for sunday's post. mmmm

Jock said...

How about the Red Wings practice facility in Traverse City. Went there for a Red Wings practice once and got to watch them scrimmage against themselves. Great scrimmage as it went into overtime and was decided by a shootout. Kris Draper finally won it after approx. 10-12 Red Wings tried.

Just about the only thing I can think of in that neck of the woods.

megawatt miler said...

see i wasnt the only one that thought you were talking about up north!!!