Sunday, July 6, 2008

Big Project-Part 1

Its my bathroom!

This is the only "before" shot I have-I took it when I was going through the condo before I even bought it. All I can say about this is yuck. A single guy was living here before me, I think that explains a lot.
This is a picture from last summer after the shower was replaced and new tile was put down. Yes, I said last summer. The bathroom has been in a sad state of limbo since then. The wallpaper was really tough to get off, so I sorta gave up once fall semester started last year and never finished the remodel.

My parents have no faith in me, so I think they will be pretty surprised I finished it all by myself. They come back here tomorrow from their week Up North and I'm pretty sure they won't have internet access before then so it should still be a surprise!
It took me about 6 hours, but I finally got all the wallpaper off earlier this week. Jojo wasn't much of a helper, all she wanted to do was sleep and eat what scraped off the wall.
I decided I wanted to paint the bathroom peach-I like color! The shower curtain has some blue, green, pink, and peach and I wanted to use a color off of it. I already had some green accessories for the bathroom and I didnt really want to go pink or blue, so peach it was. I got some funny looks from people when I told them I was going to paint my bathroom peach, but I am really happy with how it turned out. Here's a preview-full results tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well haven't you been a busy person -- fighting a rose and painting a bathroom. Looking forward to the reveal.