Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Random Update

I got home from work around 9:30 last night, that was not fun. I have to say it was worth it for staying late Sunday for some pretty amazing ribs (and potatoes).

As everyone knows we got together this weekend to celebrate John's graduation. He graduated, gave a speech, won district baseball, and pitched a winning game-what a weekend, congrats John!

I feel like my kidneys suffered some serious damage from my aunt's crazy mule driving.

I learned what a loaded Corona was.

I told Cory my batting average was "twenty-five hundred" tonight. He laughed at me-I guess I added too many zeros.
  • 1st at bat I hit it to right center and the outfielder caught it.
  • 2nd at bat I hit it on the ground to third and got thrown out at first.
  • 3rd at bat I hit another pop up to right center but this time the outfielder dropped it. The guy batting behind me hit it over the fence so I scored on that one.
  • 4th at bat I hit it on the ground again and got on first. Now that I think about it I think I got on because they overthrew first. That might be another error taking my batting average to zero.
Cook Reactors improved to 3-0 tonight with a 10-6 victory. I got to play the whole game this time (We were actually short girls and we had to borrow a 5th girl from another team. The good thing with being in a league thats short girls is that they are allowed to move around teams with no penalty). I played at 2nd and made no errors, but really didn't have a lot of plays either. On the other team most of the girls struck out and most of the guys hit it to the outfield so there wasn't a lot of action. It was the most competitive game so far, both teams mostly looked like they knew what was going on this time.

Tomorrow I am flying to Daytona for a wedding for a friend of Cory's family. It looks like the temps will be into the 90's-that actually sounds too hot! I am excited because it is where he went to school so he can show me around his old stomping grounds. I am also excited because work has been a little hectic lately and I need a long weekend away.

I will make an attempt to update this weekend, but no promises there!

6 comments:

carriegel said...

i won't hold my breath!

JP said...

I learned what a loaded Corona is, too. And hitting to right field or right center is a really good thing to do. No one expects you to hit it there. A majority of the time you can get on base.

Jock said...

How about hitting to the second baseman, does that get you on base?

jporterGOP said...

nice job winning the game!

carriegel said...

it gets you on base just like hitting to the first baseman does. :)

Anonymous said...

Stanley Cup!!! Great Success!!!!