Tuesday, May 20, 2008

First Game

The Cook Reactors are officially 1-0.

We won our first game tonight 13-10 (I think). I got to play catcher which I was pretty excited about. Luckily there were no plays at the plate because I wasn't too sure where I was supposed to stand in that case. I had two at-bats. The first one I got a single on an error in the infield. The guy behind me hit a home run so I scored. The second at bat I hit to center field and got a double! I surprised myself with that one. I made it to home at the same time we got our third out at a base so I'm pretty sure that run doesn't count, correct?

All in all it was very fun and I am glad I played. That is saying a lot since the game was during the last singing night of American Idol! I am looking forward to the game next week-hopefully less girls show up so I can play the whole game.

4 comments:

carriegel said...

Cook Reactors? Now that's origianl.

But I am sure you were standing in your truth and it sounds like it was a heartfelt performance, congratulations! Oh, and by the way, I bet you looked stunning tonight. Amen, Amen.

jporterGOP said...

ahhh, i love baseball/softball

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun to not only be up 2 games to 0 headed into game 3, but to have not been scored upon? The Pens are a year away. Which is just fine by me. :)

Jock said...

The pens may be more then a year away it took the Wings 2 or 3 tries to win their first cup.

Watch out for Sid the Kid though he is going to be a star. I love the way he plays and he is only 19.