As many of you probably know, there was an earthquake of magnitude 5.2 early this morning. Unfortunately I am a deep sleeper and it didn't wake me up. I was pretty disappointed because I thought I had missed my only lifetime earthquake experience, these things just don't come around every day. On the way to work I heard on the radio that people were reporting attempted home burglaries to the local police department-seems like Michiganders just can't figure out how to relate to an earthquake. I went in to work to hear more stories of confusion as the shaking had woken people up. Being a deep sleeper/not a morning person can sure have its drawbacks. After I had admitted defeat to the earthquake ordeal I got a surprise-I was sitting at my desk in the early afternoon and all of a sudden I felt my chair shaking. We had an aftershock that measured 4.6-I got to feel my first earthquake! In hindsight I think it ended up better for me to miss the early morning one. I'm not sure any kind of logic would have registered had I woken up to that this morning. Instead I was prepared so the experience was enjoyable.
Was anyone else lucky enough to feel it?
Was anyone else lucky enough to feel it?

7 comments:
yeah...... you're weird... :)
your map shows the tremor close to where we are at in Wisconsin but we didn't feel either one.
you are so lucky!!!
well its really your own fault for moving to pennsylvania
Her fault...haha no pun intended :)
haha that is funny, i didnt even notice that
Post a Comment