Sunday, March 16, 2008

Uncle C: Its time to complete your end of the bargain

This is Me:



After much poking and prodding from various family members, here it is. My very first blog and my very first post. I'm feeling a little lost here because I am not really sure what I am supposed to write about.

I guess I will start with the name (thanks Mom). I wanted something that described my life interests. Right now 90% of my time is spent at work, pursuing a graduate degree, or participating in various forms of personal fitness and sports. That leaves little time to sleep, be social, or waste time on the internet (Reason #1 not to start a blog). That also means I'm not very interesting (Reason #2 not to start a blog).

"Megawatt" describes my job. I look for megawatts. I know that doesnt make sense, maybe I will try to explain at a later time. Or not, because it probably still wouldnt make sense and then I'd invite hate comments because my line of work tends to be slightly controversial. I love my job and the path my career has taken so far, or I wouldnt do something so "important" as include it in my "very important" blog title (or whatever that is called, dont quite have this whole thing figured out yet).

"Miler" describes my most time-consuming (read: only current) hobby. I train for races, specifically triathlons. Which reminds me that I can no longer use "I'm in the off season" as my excuse not to work out. I had a very good season last year and improved a lot, especially my running, despite the onset of a chronic knee injury. I did two sprint distances and finished 1st in one and 3rd in another in my age group. I also did a half ironman which was amazing even though I had a horrible run (I should actually call it a walk since I probably spent more time walking than running). Thats ok for now-I was extremely happy to finish it on my own two feet...next time around I am sure my competitive nature will get the best of me and I will set a loftier goal for myself!

I guess this the conclusion of my first post since I am out of things to say for now. And I have a 7 AM meeting tomorrow so I should probably go to bed. How are you supposed to end this? Help? Anyone?

I will leave you all with one very important message before I go, and who better to say it than the wonderful Head Coach of the Greatest College Football Team Ever. So I'll let him do the talking.

6 comments:

carriegel said...

First! I get to leave the first comment.
You have just made the rest of the family very happy. And may I be the first to say "Welcome!".

Anonymous said...

With the exception of Katie joining us, and believe me she wants to, it is now complete. Excellent use of the camera timer. I doubt this post will cause much controversy (oh, my, what a way to start!)

Shaelynn said...

I'm so excited that you've decided to join in! :)

Jock said...

It's about time.

The link has been removed but I did save it under my favorite bookmarks.

You save megawatts and I save kilowatts that eventually add up to megawatts. What a coincidence.

By the way I think I saw the Charlie Weiss autographs for sale in a store. It was one of those stands where you can buy a key chain with your name on it only it was a piece of paper signed by Charlie Weiss. I think they used a computer to write whatever name you wanted on it. Is this where you got yours?

megawatt miler said...

i hope you arent intentionally trying to antagonize me already because MINE IS AUTHENTIC!!!

jporterGOP said...

how much of a sweat did he break reaching for that pen?