Monday, March 17, 2008

HAPPY ST PATTY'S DAY!!!

This is a corner of my office: I think of it as my unofficial every-day tribute to St. Patty's Day.


There are many times I miss being in school. St. Patricks Day is one of them for too many reasons to mention. Come on, our mascot is the Leprechaun and you can't get much more Irish than that. I celebrated my St. Patricks day early this year by going to Chicago on Saturday with a large group of ND people. The only picture I have is one from the train ride back to South Bend from a phone.

We passed some time playing Euchre on the way back. What else would two Ohioans and a Michigander do with cards?

Thats all I have for now-Hope everyone has a wonderful St. Patty's Day!!!

P.S. Can anyone tell me what that Irish symbol is to the right? Mom, you don't count. Aunt C, you probably don't either.
ERIN GO BRAGH!



10 comments:

carriegel said...

Ahhh, and I know what it is. I am impressed. You have pictures.

megawatt miler said...

didnt earn that engineering degree for nothin'

Anonymous said...

But I knew the answer!

megawatt miler said...

thats why you two are disqualified! i know you both know the answer and i want to see who else knows!

Anonymous said...

BTW, excellent use of color. I like how your office matches your blog.

megawatt miler said...

thanks! i am getting the hang of formatting but i still dont know waht im supposed to type.

Anonymous said...

Whatever crazy idea pops into your head. Never known a Porter to be at a loss for words.

Jock said...

The Claddagh Ring. Fishermen used to give the ring to their wives to show their love to them. It has some other meanings too but I can't quite remember them.

Shaelynn said...

Cute office!

I have to agree that your use of photos and color was really cool.

jporterGOP said...

Grandma says it means Peace, Love, and Prosperity, also called the Claddagh symbol.