Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

These are some very Easter-looking flowers Cory sent me last week-aren't they pretty?

I know I'm a day late on this post but oh well, I apologize. I also apologize because most of the pictures I am going to include in this post my mom has already posted and I am pretty sure that no one reads this that hasnt already seen hers. This is the problem with her being my picture source.

For anyone who doesnt, here is her post:http://carrie-barrie.blogspot.com/2008/03/easter-2008.html. She did a much better job than me on an Easter post anyway, so if you are short on time default to hers!


Cory and I went to my parents for Easter. My mom made us awesome Easter baskets-I got these really cool pajamas in mine:

Yes, those are bicycles.

Other than that, I did some homework, watched some basketball, and did my taxes (most of the way) this weekend. Since everyone seemed to enjoy the last homework problem so much....here is another one:

Bernadelli studied a beetle "which lives three years only, and propogates in its third year." They survive the first year with probability 1/2, and the second with probability 1/3, and then produce six females on the way out:

Show that A^3=I, and follow the distribution of 3000 beetles for six years.

Shaelynn-If you are looking for career options I think this is an area that really needs some help. Countless numbers of unfortunate engineering and math students are subjected to problems such as these, please consider helping the math majors of the world write word problems on more positive topics than beetles, death, and beetle reproduction "on the way out", I really think this is an overlooked area that needs some English Major skills.

Its about my bedtime so I am going to call it a night...here are a few other pictures from the weekend to close out the post:



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marv said we can't help with your problem because it involves propogation. Love the flowers and the jammies. And pictures are nice no matter where they come from. I don't mind seeing them twice.

carriegel said...

Who's the photographer? She's good!

Jock said...

Nice pictures other than that St. Louis Cardinals sweatshirt. You need to buy your boyfriend a Detroit Tigers shirt and if he won't wear it get a new boyfriend.

Anonymous said...

You two look so happy and cute together! I'm happy for you.

as for your word problems, I'd help you write new ones with my excellent writing skills, but considering my degree is in poly sci, i'm pretty sure mine would be more depressing than death... (but maybe culinary school word problems? If Amy bakes X cookies an hour and Y are stolen by front of house people...)

Shaelynn said...

I'm glad I finally know what Cory looks like. That's the first time I've ever seen him.

As for the word problems, I'm not sure I'd be much help. I'd need some engineering student sitting with me to make sure I got the numbers right... and I wouldn't be able to help with the answers.

megawatt miler said...

he is very attached to his cardinals-we dont argue about the more important sport teams(college football) so i try to let the baseball thing go.

shaelynn-im sure they have the answer thing covered they just really, really need some composition help

jporterGOP said...

you know what sarah, you've inspired me. in the next few days i'm going to post one of my calculus problems. i want you to show me how to do it :)

megawatt miler said...

i would love to!

Jock said...

Did he go to Notre Dame?

If he didn't there may be hope.

megawatt miler said...

well he went to undergrad at embry riddle and grad school at notre dame-does that mean there is or is not hope?

jporterGOP said...

even though i'm a hardcore maize and blue fan, notre dame is a great academic school, even a michigan man can admit that.
(and a protestant born at that)

megawatt miler said...

hahaha maybe you can teach your dad something?

Anonymous said...

You're going to do John's homework for him?

JP said...

So... I wasn't going to comment until I saw the sweatshirt and the little anger flag went up. Then I saw I wasn't the only one that noticed... figures dad commented about it first.

Jock said...

I'll give him a pass. Besides the St. Louis Cardinals aren't all bad. I would have to put them behind the Tigers (of course) Chicago Cubs and the Washington Nationals.