After my visit to Philly was over, Cory was nice enough to drive me down to D.C. for my Young Generation in Nuclear conference, the original reason that I traveled east to begin with.
Usually conferences are all seminars, networking, and dinners. For something that sounds fun, it really gets to be exhausting. I think the networking is te most fun-it is nice to meet people from other plants and companies, and you end up finding a lot of contacts of people that can help you with various things. I think its really interested to see how different plants do things and I used my contacts at other plants fairly frequently for different things. I think there were around 400 people at the conference this year so its a pretty large group.
Three people from our plant went (The three of us are in charge of our plant's chapter of the group. We are actually in the process of getting our local chapter started-its hard work). We spent some time with a girl that used to work with us and left for another company, two students in an energy program at the local community college, one of the managers at the plant, and our corporate lawyer stationed in D.C. (which we had no idea our company had before this conference). Its fun to hang out with people outside of work, especially people you don't usually talk to.Coming up next....a day on the hill!




3 comments:
I thought you were going to be talking about your vacation. You are behind.
oh the newseum....I had a site visit there during... NYLC, i think. All my other small group mates went to other, cooler sightseeing spots. I got the Newseum. Waste of an afternoon.... I'd say the global news ticker was cool, except i can probably get that on my laptop.
yeah it was alright just not really interesting. it had been completely moved and remodeled in the past year.
Post a Comment