Friday, July 11, 2008

More electrical stuff

Last week my mom and I replaced the really ugly light fixture that was above my dining room table. This is what was there before:
Besides being really ugly, I also broke some of the glass when I threw a shoe at a hornet-but thats another story for another day.

We started to work on it the day my dad was here, but quit because I didn't have wire cutters. He was also responsible for taking down that ugly thing that was there before.

This is what we picked out at Lowes-I think its super cute and definitely my style! The first time I was there (getting painting supplies for the bathroom) earlier that week I didn't see any I actually liked. My mom spotted this one on the 2nd trip. It was the last one there, and on clearance-what a bargain! The wires hanging down are still a little kinked and need some time to straighten out.

I was responsible for the actual connecting of wires, etc. and at this point everyone knows how "good" I am with electrical stuff. So we got a multimeter and I used it to make sure the circuit was dead. See Uncle C-I did learn something useful in lab at that school of mine!

Here is the final result (please ignore the remaining gold globe light thing to the left-that is on its final days before replacement too).

9 comments:

Shaelynn said...

That's much cuter than what was there before!!

Jock said...

The other one looked fine to me.

carriegel said...

my dad and cory said the same thing.

megawatt miler said...

and its a pain sharing a computer with my mom-i forget she is signed in!

carriegel said...

what is it with men? when i told d that she wanted to replace that light fixture he wanted to know what was wrong with the old one. the same thing when s told cory. he wanted to know what was wrong with the one that was already there. what's wrong with it is it's UGLY! men.

JP said...

Your multimeter reminds me of physics lab. I love toys.

Anonymous said...

Ditto on the sharing a computer. Wow. As you google readers know, I accidentally posted Katie's blog under my account ... BTW - love the light. The old one definitely needed to go. Great replacement.

carriegel said...

i can see c-4 knows quality and cuteness when she sees it.

megawatt miler said...

thats right