Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cook Reactors 4-0

Our 13-9 win tonight brought us to 4-0. The standings came out late last week and we are ranked first in the league! I played 2nd the entire game again except one inning where they made me go to short stop. After two errors on ground balls they mercifully let me go back to 2nd the next inning. I didn't make any errors at 2nd the whole game-much better than short stop.

I think I batted .250 again (4 at bats):
  • One hit to right center that was caught in the air
  • One hit on the ground and I got on base but there was a forced out at 2nd. According to Cory this doesnt count as a hit. Eventually I was on 3rd and bases were loaded and someone hit a grand slam out of the park. I don't think it counted as 4 runs because of some goofy home run rule.
  • Next hit to left center and I got on first (my only "hit" that counts I guess). Someone got out at first and I didn't make it home.
  • Next hit to left center and it was caught :(

I am out of town next week so I will miss our game. Hopefully next softball update we will be 6-0!

4 comments:

carriegel said...

Congratulations! Porters like to win.

Anonymous said...

You were out of town last week.

JP said...

I haven't been able to play on my slowpitch team for the last two weeks because I keep getting scheduled to work. I'm getting seriously sad about it.

megawatt miler said...

they do like to win.

and joni, yes that is very sad. i had no idea it would be this much fun.