Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weekend in Philly

I spent the past several days in Philly visiting Cory. I went out there because he was supposed to get his wisdom teeth out but there was a change of plans and now he isn't for a few more weeks. He just bought a new truck last week so I was excited to see that too.

Thursday night we went to Quizo at a local restaurant/bar. I was pretty excited to play. I was even more excited when this was one of the questions:

"What junior college did Rudy attend before transferring to Notre Dame?"

I'm pretty sure I had it written down before the guy finished asking the question. The bad part was to get to an ND question I had to sit through 6 Philly sports trivia questions-they sure do like their teams out there.

Friday I got to go to my new favorite mall, King of Prussia mall. I know my malls, and this one is amazing. A lot of stores are listed in the directory twice because they have multiple locations in the mall-how cool is that? Cory never seems to be as impressed by this is I am. He did wait patiently as I got a dress for a wedding we are going to in a few weeks.

Saturday we went to Beerfest. You paid a $30 cover then it was all the beer you could drink from 23 local breweries. Some of his friends from work went so it was pretty fun. After Brewfest we went to AT&T to get new phones! That's right I am now the proud owner of a Blackberry which would be even cooler if I knew how to use it. We ended up going on a family plan to save money but I hope we don't end up on Judge Judy in the future! Just kidding...

We also went to see Made of Honor last night. Can you guess who picked it? It was pretty dumb. I saw Ironman a few weeks ago and actually thought that was a lot more entertaining.

Today we watched the season finale of The Office and went to breakfast before he took me to the airport. It was so nice to watch it with him because somehow it seems even funnier when you aren't watching it alone.

Now I am sitting in the airport writing my post with the new phone. I realize I owe everyone a job post but that is more typing than I can take right now! I promise its coming soon though so keep posted...

11 comments:

jporterGOP said...

so when you wrote that do you use prediction? or does it have a little keyboard

carriegel said...

prediction? see what i mean about the world moving too fast for me. i have no idea what that means.

megawatt miler said...

it has a keyboard thing, im not very good at it though. i have to go back and fix my typos now!

mickey said...

Don't feel bad, Sarah. I got a PDA phone in February, and I'm just now getting to where I feel comfortable using it, and it doesn't take me forever to do something on it.

I like mine quite a bit, though.

Jock said...

I'm just getting the hang of this internet thing. I don't need blackberries, blueberries or apples unless we are talking about real fruit.

I'm still not sure I am comfortable with a niece of mine drinking beer. It seems why to early.

megawatt miler said...

i would like to point out ive been legal over 3.5 years now...and im not the only one!

Anonymous said...

umm... what JC did rudy go to?

jporterGOP said...

Not a ND fan, but I believe Rudy went to Holy Cross, right?

megawatt miler said...

Peej is correct-Holy Cross College, right across the street from Notre Dame (and notably, my parents favorite football parking spot).

carriegel said...

i think peej may be a secret ND fan!

jporterGOP said...

not a chance, i've just seen the movie.