- What kind of shorts are you supposed to wear? Can I just wear running shorts or am I really going to look dumb doing that?
- Soccer cleats or tennis shoes?
- What kind of socks-can I wear normal running socks or do I have to wear high socks? I have some softball socks I used to wear as soccer socks so I might be authentic there.
- Did you find my glove yet?
Saturday, April 26, 2008
softball questions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
That's what I love -- a girl more concerned with what she wears than how she plays. Woot!
haha i am concerned with how i play but thats not something i can improve right now!
And this is why you are and always have been one of my favorite people. You don't just want to beat the other team, you want to look cuter than them while doing it. Is this a highly competitive league, or is this beer league ball?
Wear sliding shorts under those designer shorts you are going to wear, you will be glad you did if you ever slide. If you know what leg you are going to slid on I would suggest a sliding pad too. If jp sees this post she can help you a lot more than I can.
As far as shoes are concerned you will want the regular softball type cleats especially if you are playing the infield. If you are in the outfield it isn't so important, tennis shoes will work. If you wear soccer shoes and somebody notices they will laugh at you and really know you are a rookie.
thats another thing i was wondering-im not sure if we are allowed to slide. i need to get the rules down-hopefully someone will go over all that business.
i figured soccer cleats would help a little over tennis shoes, but im not really sure about all that.
I like to consult the team. Wear whatever they're wearing (my team this summer is wearing shorts). Sounds like yours is wearing shorts, too. I like the mesh shorts with the 5 inch or so inseam. They seam to work best. And soccer cleats... meh... I had them my first year of softball and somehow everyone knew. It was embarrassing for me at the time but I'm over it now. I probably won't ever wear them again to a softball game. I'm wearing tennis shoes tonight to my first game but it really helps to have a pair of cleats to get some traction in the dirt. It can be tough to get a good jump on anything without them. Like dad said, if you're sliding you'll probably want something on whatever knee you go down on and something under the mesh shorts. Also, I'd suggest tall socks... it protects your leg more. Some girls on my high school team wore running socks to practice to work on their tan though.
I hope that helps.
Oh... and whatever you do... DON'T BUY METAL CLEATS. They're not allowed.
thanks joni-you are by far the most helpful!
Post a Comment